Monday, March 19, 2012

Act I "A Doll's House"

      In act one we meet Nora who is a Frivolous wife who lies and does things behind her husband's back. She lied about the macaroons she had and she lied about where she got  the money to pay for the trip that saved Helmer's life. I don't understand why she lied about either of them. She was telling Mrs. Linde how she wanted everyone to stop thinking that she didn't know how to do anything but yet she lied about saving her husbands life if I did that I would be shouting it from the roof tops wouldn't you? I think Nora and Helmers relationship is a terrible one. He doesn't respect her at all like for example he says 'Has my feather brain been out wasting money again'. Now who says something like that to their wife if they really love them?
     I'm a little Incredulous about Nora she has two sides like when she said 'Yes, Torvald I can't do anything without you to help me'. I think she was just saying it for effect not because she really felt that way. But then when she was able to trick Torvald into  thinking she was making Christmas decorations instead of making money to pay back that degenerate Krogstad it was like she was a different person she was actually smart and not so dependent.Krogstad is a corrupt little man who is trying to black mail Nora into helping him keep his job,what he doesn't realize is that if Nora doesn't help him and he does tell Helmer Nora's secret he is still gonna be out of a job. I couldn't believe that Nora was dumb enough to believe Krogstad when he tells her an atmosphere of lies like that infects and poisons the whole life of a home.In a home like that every breath that the children take is filled with germs of evil. I though Nora was smarter than this but now i think maybe she really is a stupid as Helmer treats her.

1 comment:

Alnae said...

Miss Santos I left a comment on Sydnei, Megan, Sajada, and Jennica blog